Skip to main content

Who is Anti-national?


My social media timeline as well as newspapers and news channels are filled with JNU issue these days. I have kept my silence on this issue so far, and just following the people shouting their lungs out on TV channels and posting hate messages on Social Media against so called Anti-national students and “Anti-national” institute JNU. I was really amused how a small number of student’s rally can tag entire institute Anti-national. There are so many hate posts by some of my friends on social media. There are so many hate speeches by famous news anchors on their prime time. I kept myself out of this issue, not because I cannot form an opinion about it, but because I refuse to blindly follow mob mentality on any issue. In my opinion, real Anti-national is the person who put hate speech or comment against someone without knowing the fact. When we call someone Anti-Indian for not believing in our country and its constitution, it is actually we who are not believing in our constitution and not following our country’s legal system. Actually, we don’t have time for this, as we live in small moments. We see some video or photo on social media or TV and don’t like it, we just express hate comment and pass it on for others to see and express their hate comment. We don’t have time to validate the authenticity of the original post or news. In fact, we don’t even care if that is fake, because deep down in our black heart, we have the same expression which we expressed, irrespective of the news or photo or video.

If we check our social media timeline from 2-3 years ago, we will find a lot of hate post on issues which were incorrect or fake. But we or our friends have posted loads and loads of hate comments on those issues at that time, like we are doing now on JNU issue. 

Don’t get me wrong, as my stand is very clear on this type of issue. I am against anyone who does not believe in my country and its constitution.  I am against those students if they shouted anti India slogans, I am against those news anchors who shouted and labeled these students anti national without checking the facts, I am against those people who have tagged these students and one of our respected educational institute anti national based on unverified video or photos, I am against people chanting anti-India slogans regularly in Kashmir, I am also against those political parties and their allies in Kashmir who support such activities or terrorists like Afzal Guru, I am against lawyers beating up accused student and journalists in courtroom, I am against news anchors who show new items or video clips without verification and provoke people. This is not a new stand I am taking, I was against Anna Hazare when he wanted to bypass constitution and pass his “own” draft of Lokpal at Jantar Mantar. That was the time he was treated as hero by the same social media, but according to me, he was anti national as he clearly did not believe in our constitution. 

I will only request my friends to open their eyes, look for actual issues like price rising, poverty, farmer suicide, employment, rather than get swept away into mob mentality and become intolerant to others. Ours is a diverse society and we have space for all type of opinions, be it regional or religion based opinions. But when it comes to actual issues, we are all together in that. There is no separate poverty for a Muslim or a Hindu. We all face same challenges of infrastructure, employment, price rising and other similar issues. Let’s not get fooled by our government and fight internally over such trivial issues, while the actual issue is ignored. Let’s unite and fight against the actual culprits, to get rid of poverty, to get more employment opportunity, to take our country into greater state. I believe we can do this, but I also believe we can do this together. I also believe that our current government is doing what it can to help our country, but we are pulling our country down with such intolerance. We need to do our bit, let’s do this and prove that we don’t just shout Vande Mataram, we truly believe in Vande Mataram. 

I am also sharing a link to a 42 minute video by NDTV, presented by one of the very few good journalist left in our country, Ravish Kumar. I request you to watch it fully, to understand how we get dragged into mob mentality, and how we can save ourselves and our country from this. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sholay - Special Edition DVD of Alternate Version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL! This is my 50th post on this Blog, and I never thought I can post upto 50 when I started. I wanted to post this in December 2010, as my last post of the year. But somehow, the time taken in research as well as year end holidays delayed it, and now we are with this, my 50th post, about Sholay Special Edition DVD and Alternate Version, as the first post this year. Sholay ! The name is enough! Yes, I am talking about Sholay the movie! The most famous movie of Indian film industry ever! There are so much written about Sholay, that I don't think I can add any new information in the already known knowledge about this movie! It’s a cult movie! Even today, after 35 years of its release, people still remember the characters, not just the main characters, but small guest appearance characters such as Surma Bhopali or Jailor, Sambha, Kalia as well! We still refer Sholay dialogues in day to day conversations! So, if people know so much and remember this much

कारवाँ – ग्राफिक नॉवेल (हिंदी)

याली ड्रीम्स की अँग्रेजी में प्रकाशित और प्रशंसित ग्राफिक नॉवेल कारवाँ अब हिंदी में उपलब्ध हो गयी है। आजकल के सभी नए कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशक अपनी किताबें अँग्रेजी में ही प्रकाशित करते है। यह उनकी विवशता है, क्योंकि नए प्रकाशक के पास उत्तम कहानी और चित्रांकन तो है, परंतु प्रकाशित पुस्तकों के वितरण का उपयुक्त साधन नहीं है। उन्हें कॉमिक कान या फिर ऑनलाइन स्‍टोर्स पर निर्भर रहना पड़ता है। फिर उत्तम श्रेणी की कहानी, कला एवं रूप-सज्जा देने पर पुस्तक का मूल्य भी अधिक होता है। हिंदी में पाठकों की संख्या तो है, परंतु अधिक पैसे खर्च करके नए प्रकाशक की कॉमिक्‍स लेने वाले पाठक कम है। ऊपर से बिना देखे, ऑनलाइन खरीदने वाले तो और भी कम है। ऐसे में अँग्रेजी के पाठक तुलनात्मक रूप से अधिक हैं। यही कारण है कि आज हरेक प्रकाशक अँग्रेजी में ही अपनी कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशित कर रहा है। भले ही कहानियाँ शुद्ध देशी है, पर भाषा विदेशी है। यह एक विडंबना है, जिसे आज प्रकाशक और हिंदी पढ़ने वाले पाठक, दोनों को झेलना पड़ता है। ऐसा नहीं है कि हिंदी में कॉमिक्‍स एकदम प्रकाशित नहीं होती। राज कॉमिक्‍स आज भी हिंदी में कॉमिक प्रकाशि

TnT – Taranath Tantrik – City of Sorrows

I read both part of Taranath Tantrik - City of Sorrow , and to summarize it, I can only say that I just can’t wait for the third installment. Brilliant story, keeps you gripped till the last page in both part. I will not discuss spoilers here. The story is about a Psychic Taranath Tantrik working with his friends Shankar , a CID office, Sneha , a TV journalist and   Vibhuti , a horror novelist, in an investigation, where someone is trying to change the City of Joy Kolkata into City of Sorrows.  First part shows glimpse into Taranath’s past, and cut to present day for main story to develop. The second part again shows villain’s past, and then move to current day. So, the first one introduced TnT to us, and started chain of events which makes the story. Then second part introduced the villain to us, and the story progressed.  I liked this type of storytelling, which gives you a glimpse of main character’s past, and then jumps directly to the story. Shamik Dasgupta has once again